- a brief summary or general survey of something. (-as defined by google, et al.)
- side-by-side comparison of parallel texts. (-usage in biblical studies)
Online Gospel Synopses and Introductions
- Net Bible Synopsis of the Four Gospels
- Gregory White, ed., hosted by Bible.org. PDF download.
Further Reading on the Synoptic Problem
- Bauckham, Richard. Jesus and the Eyewitnesses: The Gospels as Eyewitness Testimony. 2nd edition. Grand Rapids; Eerdmans, 2017.
- Dunn, James D. G. The Evidence for Jesus. Louisville, KY: Wesminster John Knox, 1986.
- Stein, Roberth H. Studying the Synoptic Gospels: Origin and Interpretation. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2011.
- Strauss, Mark L. Four Portraits, One Jesus: A Survey of Jesus and the Gospels. Zondervan: Grand Rapids, 2007.
Other NT Synopses
Old Testament Synopsis
- Synopsis of the Four Gospels,Kurt Aland (1985)
- This is the classic standard text that your professors used in seminary. There is also a version of this for the Greek text, and, most expensively, one of the English & Greek text on facing pages.
- Synopsis of the Four Gospels, Revised Standard Version, American Bible Society (2010)
- Parallel Gospels: A Synopsis of Early Christian Writings, Zeba A. Cook (2012)
- Synopsis of the Pauline Letters in Greek and English, James P. Ware (2010)