The Department of Bible & Theology at Southwestern Assemblies of God University updated its Style Guide in 2019. The DBT Style Guide is a modification of the latest edition of A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations by Kate L. Turabian plus the SBL Handbook of Style 2nd edition, plus a few department-specific clarifications. The Style Guide can be accessed at saguPAW.com in its entirety.
What follows is a series of BibTheo links that host separate sections of the DBT Style Guide, interspersed with additional information that is useful for conducting research. Additions and supplements on these pages may help inform future revisions to the DBT Style Guide.
For Further Reading
- SAGU Personal Assistant in Writing (saguPAW) – https://sagupaw.com
- Purdue’s Online Writing Lab (OWL) – https://owl.purdue.edu/
- The Writing Center (UNC at Chapel Hill) – https://writingcenter.unc.edu/
- Turabian Citation Quick Guide Page – The Chicago Manual of Style – https://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/turabian/citation-guide.html
- Student Supplement for The SBL Handbook of Style, 2nd ed. – https://www.sbl-site.org/assets/pdfs/pubs/sblhssupp2015-02.pdf
For Planning Time to spend in Research
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching. “Workload Estimator 2.0.” Wake Forest University. Online: https://cat.wfu.edu/resources/tools/estimator2/
- Center for Teaching Excellent. “Course Workload Estimator.” Rice University. Online: https://cte.rice.edu/workload